Monday, August 11, 2014

How long can a car last?

It is normal to have a thought of spending after you tried to save money for some time.
I have been struggle to resrict my spending for the past few months. Though the saving still not much. maybe only 5 - 10% of my salary. I want to save more!
Save more for what? i don't know. At least this is a better me. Spent too much for the last few years.

Save more, then i can invest more.
And now, my myvi is about 5 years old. She indeed is a good car. Affordable, average-quality. Nothing to complain about. but people always like new stuff.
My plan is to get a new car 2 years after i settle the 5-year car loan. so that would be in 2016. and.. i can always plan earlier. haha. so starting mid 2015 i can start looking for car?

Actually it is still functioning well. Just some scratch on her body which i always ignore. haha.
For a family of 4, sometimes it is quite small especially when we go travelling.
So i need a bigger car.

So what car model next?
Thought of a Ford. But my husband said he doesn't like this brand.
Maybe a toyota?
But please, no toyota vios or honda city.
This two cars are plenty on the road. And you might accidentally mistaken others' as yours. I did it before to my myvi. The exactly same color myvi parked side to side. The car owner also want to get her car at the same time. That's the embarassing moment that i open her car door. haha!

Maybe a toyota corrola altis?

Previously interested in hyundai elantra too. But my friend's experience scared me. sometimes there is some defect car that if you are not lucky enough then you will own it. He is one of the unlucky one. Too many defects make me scared.

So.. toyota corrola altis? or any other suggestion?

No comments: