Thursday, January 23, 2014

Breastfeeding

It is almost time. It is 38weeks now. Going to due in two more weeks. She can even come out now.

I did not breastfeed my first daughter. I tried. But stopped because of inexperience. The position was wrong. She can't suck it efficiently. So i got very tired everytime feeding her. Eventually the nipples were hurt. The pain is unbearable especially when you take shower. So i stopped. Poor daughter. I should have insist and stay stronger in the matter of breastfeeding. So she can get more antibodies and natural goods from me. The other benefits is to save money. The formula milk is so damned expensive! The one i give her is in the middle-to-high cost formula milk. So regret of this. Formula milk could cost a big bomb to our wallet.

Now i have changed my mind. For the sake of my budget, the first sentence i asked in the shop "Boss, which brand is the cheapest?". This would be the standby for the baby when she's out while the breast milk haven't been produced enough for her.

I should have know some information and knowledge earlier. My colleague told me, she breastfeed her daughter for about 4 months. Stopped when she resumed work. But her daughter never sucked her nipples. She pumped out all the time. Aiya, i should have know this earlier. So that i can do the same. Too bad my daughter was one year older than this coll's daughter. Then i would know the way to get the breastmilk for my daughter even though my nipples were hurt.

Many of experienced mother recommend me of medela breast pump. The colleague adviced me to buy first so that i can induce the breast milk production even when the baby did not know how to suck.


 The breast pump is so expensive. If you don't use it, it will be a waste. Initially i don't plan to buy one. To buy an efficient and convenient breast pump cost you over RM200. Those below RM100 i doubt the efficiency. All those around me bought the breast pump at the range over RM200. Oh no, i did not plan to spend so much in this. After the story of my colleague (she only pump out the breast milk but manage to breast feed her child for about 4 months), I am motivated to do so too. Wish me luck!

I will try this brand too, as many people recommend this. You know what, my sister from USA got one of this at her home. She should have bring this back last Nov. She only used it several times in the beginning to induce the breast milk production. After that her child would get the breast milk in the natural way. She get it for FREE from USA government, as her family considered to be "low-income" family. Western country though charged you high tax, return you in good benefits. FREE breast pump! How nice, she should have bring it back!

Wish me a very happy confinement month!

No comments: