Sunday, January 12, 2014

Weekend

Just back from Malacca for a short 2 day 1 night trip. It meant to be a one night trip to attend university coursemate's wedding dinner. Been thinking whether to stay overnight or not. He said he managed to drive back. After i consult one of my friend who has the experience to attend the dinner at malacca, i've decided to stay overnight there. She attended the wedding which finished at 11pm and reach Kluang at 1am! it is too late for me. This scared me. Better sleep there and have a good night which is safer.

This girl has a better idea to sleep in the car. i found it so funny. my dear little girl.






Dunno since when i've been quite selective towards the food. Once i was a girl without any preference to any food or taste. You can ask me whether this fried kuey tiao nice or not. I can answer you, it taste the same for me, i dunno whether it's nice or not. It's just friend kuey tiao.
But now i'm different. Must be influenced by my husband. I only go the stall which i think the fried kuey tiao is nice. The dinner we attended yesterday served good food. I like it. Nowadays, the restaurant charged very high cost on the couple with the so-so taste food. I really hate to attend the wedding which did not serve good food. It really affect our mood. But the one attended yesterday is really nice. The wedding was held at malacca. But my friend asked the restaurant/cook from Muar. You can see from the menu that the menu costs them at least RM800 with the presence of abalone. Overall, the first dish is good. The fish was nice. The prawn was nice. Everything was so nice. I keep repeating this to my husband. As nowadays, the wedding we went, most really did not serve up-to-level dish. That's sure not the couple's fault. You can still serve menu with lower cost but still in good taste. That's the restaurant standard.

As usual, we would go for Nyonya food in malacca since we stayed there until the second day. I would recommend "Nancy's Kitchen" located at Jonker Walk. We have been the makko and the ole sayang located at melaka sayang. I must say, their target is the tourist. The food doesn't taste good. So-so only. Nothing special about their nyonya food. To me, Nancy's Kitchen serve authentic and delicious nyonya food. I like their pong teh, sambal, curry, everything. They can always satisfy me!


No comments: